Subject: HP Kayak
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Thibault <thibault@sk.sympatico.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/26/2001 21:28:23
I have an HP Kayak Model XA6/400 series 0503 and I cannot get NetBSD to
boot off the hard drive. I have 2 hard drives that both work fine on a
clone box, but when I put them on the kayak, they get to the boot stage
and freeze. There is no sign of NetBSD starting up. My 3.4 GB drive gets
the message 'boot fail' and my 17 GB drive keeps rebooting the system.
As I said earlier, they both work fine on another machine.

The kayak has 128 MB ram, Pii 400 processor, normal setup otherwise.
There is an integrated NIC but even with it disabled and removed I get
the same results.  The bios is by Phoenix.. version 4 I believe.

I have put an identical 3.4 GB drive in with WIN NT and it boots fine.

Can anyone help me with this... it's driving me nuts.

Thanks a million.