Subject: Re: pppd problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/23/2001 20:44:52
On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 07:31:25AM +0800, Clarence Chan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> THe pppd works for me for a long time.  However,  I found out that there
> is a little problem of it.  The error is
>
> ================error=============
> pc135# ping b1
> PING b1 (208.151.73.70): 56 data bytes
> ping: sendto: No buffer space available
> ping: sendto: No buffer space available

Well, either you ran out of buffer space or you hit the other resource
shortage (that I can't remember now).

I get nailed by this every so often. I keep meaning to write a script
to check for it and bounce my connection. Irritating, but it doesn't
happen very often.

Useful commands to try next time (just for some extra info):
netstat -I ppp0 -d
netstat -s
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994