Subject: NetBSD licensing / distribution
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Unice, Kyle <kyle.unice@intel.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/22/2001 07:56:27
If one chooses to use NetBSD in a product, does one need to list all the
contributors to each and any source file in his product brief?
This seems impractical.  It would seem more logical to have a single line
"This product include software developed by the NetBSD software team."
But this may not be legal..  Is there a definitive statement as to what is
legally required to redistribute NetBSD in terms of copyright and
acknowledgement?
The website http://www.netbsd.org/Goals/redistribution.html states that the
developers deserve acknowledgement and I agree, but in greping through the
source code there are several names (30 or more) that would be listed if one
were to do such.  Do we need to list them all or is there an accepted
acknowledgment that is shorter but still legal.

Thanks

Kyle

Viewpoints, opinions, and content are my own and not necessarily those of
Intel Corp.