Subject: Re: ulpt0 (Inland USB<->parallel converter)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/2001 04:00:10
I believe that I answered my own problem on this:

> I have a parallel<->USB converter that I recently purchased.  It was made

The problem seems to be that the printer was just unable to understand the
ECP(?) protoc0ol that was being used.  (I assumed that parallel ports
would be parallel ports.)  Changing the USB<->parallel convert to speak to
a newer printer has everything working, now.

For reference, is there any friendly way to step the ulpt device down to a
normal parallel port?  Or is that left entirely to the discretion of the
hardware?  Or even prevented by the protocol specification for these
converters?

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu