Subject: how to communicate with lpd -s secure mode server ???
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: John Refling <johnr@imageworks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/2001 12:24:50
I see that netbsd 1.5 starts /usr/sbin/lpd in secure mode (-s)
by default, during which time it only takes commands from Unix
domain sockets instead of the usual tcp socket.

My 1.4.3 machines which try to use the 1.5 machine as a remote
machine (rm=) now fail with something like "connection to ...
is down".  If I restart the lpd server without the -s option
all is well.

So the question is, how does one inform the client machine that
the server is running in secure mode?  Must be in the printcap
for each particular printer.  But where/how???

Checked the latest version of printcap.5 on cvs but no luck.