Subject: Re: digital camera
To: James Vodanovich <jim@arrakis.com.au>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/2001 10:01:55
James Vodanovich wrote

> On 2/16/01, 7:31:38 AM, Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu> wrote
> regarding Re: digital camera:
>

> > However, the various packages provide support for a number of cameras.
> > have an Olympus D-360L, which which I am pretty happy.  It is
> supported by
> > PhotoPC.  (gPhoto claims to support the 360, too, but the actual
> gPhoto
> > package must be a version or few behind---I have never been able to
> get
> > gPhoto to work with the Olympus 360.)
>

> > I'm not aware of any cameras working with USB on NetBSD.  (On the
> other
> > hand, people have recommended a Kodak model that lets you pop the
> memory
> > card into a PCMCIA port on a laptop...)
>
> I have a Sony PC110e, I spent an afternoon hacking the freebsd usb.c
> that came with the current gphotos usblib. The usb test program found
> the camera, but after all that work gphoto doesn't support that
> camera, so I stopped work.
>
>  It is basically untested beyond opening the device and getting the
> cameras name, (I assume from the camera). It is a total kludge it is
> hardwired to /dev/ugen0.0
>
> ghpoto2 comes with libusb I have version 0.1.2 and attached is the
> patch against freebsd.c
>
> The current version of gphoto must be downloaded using CVS the details
> are on their web page http://www.gphoto.org/download.html

You also may want to have a look at "vid". A small demo program that I
use with USB Creative Web III camera. A slightly modified version
can be downloaded from

ftp://ftp.ping.net.au/pub/unix/graphics/vid-1.0.1-nbsd-hack.tar.gz

Please use ACTIVE ftp mode to download this file!!!

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes