Subject: Re: digital camera
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/15/2001 14:09:36
Ken Hornstein writes:
> >There are still some problems on some laptops.  On my Sony Vaio 505tx,
> >plugging a Lexar 8x CF in causes the machine to hang.  The same
> >-current kernel works w. the same compact flash card when plugged in a
> >slightly newer Viao 505ve.
>
> Are you using a cardbus attachment?  If so, it's because the cardbus
> interface on the Sony is broken and won't work for _any_ PCMCIA IDE/ATAPI
> device (see long thread on port-i386).

Interesting!  I was using the cardbus.  I'll crank out another kernel
later today and try it with just pcmcia.  I guess I missed that
discussion.

(If this is it I'll be stuck compiling up 4 different x86 kernels.
Boy would a runtime (or even kernel install-time) configuration method
be nice.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/