Subject: Re: mouting extended lba partition
To: Alexander Jossifov <alex@tugab.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/14/2001 04:01:23
On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 04:28:23AM -0800, Alexander Jossifov wrote:
> I wonder if there's a way to mount an MSDOS FAT32 Extended-LBA
> partition. I read all the faqs and mails about this, but cannot
> find a solution and I'm starting to think that there's now way
> to mount an extended-lba partition. any suggestions ??

if you can determine the offset and size of the FAT32 partition, you
can create an appropriate entry in your disklabel (of type `MSDOS'),
and it should work.

you can get this information using the `fdisk' command on a relatively
-current netbsd machine. `mbrlabel' can also do what you want, but
unfortunately, unless you're running a relatively -current version of
it, it will overwrite the `in-core' disklabel of your disk which is
rather annoying. -current versions of mbrlabel (post early January
2001) will find and print the various partitions but won't trash
your disklabel unless you tell it to.

other tools (including partitioning tools under other operating
systems) might be useful too.