Subject: Re: Hardware Address for the Interface
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Rajnish Madan <rajnishm@delhi.tcs.co.in>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/2001 16:32:53
Hi,

I am using NetBSD1.4.1, it doesn't seem to have ioctls in ether_ioctl().
Anyway, I checked up the ifconfig.c code and got how can i get the Hardware
address.

I have one more question:-).  I have build up an ethernet frame(Ethernet
Header+IP header+Data)
, I need to send it onto the Network. I have put some XYZ hardware address
as the Source MAC address.
I don't want to follow some channel, in which it cross ether_output()
function as it
will put its physical Hardware Address in the Source MAC address (I used
libnet api
they seem to do this way)

Can i use sockets for this purpose. If yes, what are the various options
should i set.

Pls suggest and guide in this regard
Rajnish