Subject: Re: Need help with creating system calls
To: Ferry Sutanto <fsutanto@yahoo.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/12/2001 21:22:55
On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 11:01:36PM -0800, Ferry Sutanto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need help in creating system calls. Actually, I have
> already written the system call and the wrapper C
> function for it, but I am not sure how I modify the
> makefile so it will take my new files (which contain
> the system call) and build the kernel. Right now, I
> wrote the function in a file that is already in the
> build system. Can anybody shed some light to this
> problem ? Which makefile file should I modify ? What
> are the usual steps when one creates a system call ?

The makefile to build the kernel is generated by config(8).
I think you want to add you files to sys/conf/files.
If you have include headers you may also want to add it to the Makefile
in the directory where they are, so that 'make include' will install them.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>