Subject: Re: Need help with creating system calls
To: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
From: Ferry Sutanto <fsutanto@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/12/2001 12:36:43
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the information. I apreciated it.

Here is what I have done.

- add a new entry to usr/src/sys/kern/syscalls.master

- run sh ./makesyscalls.sh syscalls.conf
syscalls.master

- define my syscalls, sys_foo, in
usr/src/sys/foo/foo.c

- In order to build the kernel with sys_foo, I need to
modify this file (the depend list?)

usr/src/sys/arch/myNetBSD/conf/files.myNetBSD

- Create a C interface function foo() in
usr/src/lib/libc/gen/gethostname.c. I borrow this
file. Do you know where I should put it ?

Thanks.

Ferry

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/programming.html#adding_a_system_call