Subject: Re: can't install
To: Timo Vierimaa <timo.vierimaa@nic.fi>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/2001 16:30:52
On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 04:30:29PM +0200, Timo Vierimaa wrote:
> I tried install NetBSD 1.5 to my first hd and i have linux on the hdc
> and i make msdos partition to hdb and copy thos *tgz packets to hdb.
>
> How i can install those packets?
> Coz i dont know which device is correct?

I guess the disk you want to install on is called wd0 in NetBSD, and the
disk holding the .tgz sets is wd1.
Boot the install floppy, and get a shell (it's in the utility menu,
if my memory is rigth). then type 'disklabel wd1' and look for the
partition of type 'MSDOS'. This is the one you want to use.