Subject: Re: PCI modem support
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Thomas Miller <thomas.miller@lycos.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/2001 23:01:49
On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:56:59
 Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 07:41:52PM -0400, Thomas Miller wrote:
>
> > I am especially confused about how the LTMODEM can be a winmodem when it has an on board UART and an on board DSP.  What hardware is missing?
>
>Ah, what's why I asked about kernel sources :-)  We can probably get the
>info necessary to support it, if it does indeed present a UART interface.
>
>Do you have the stuff necessary to build your own kernels?

Yes, I do have the NetBSD-1.5 i386 kernel sources and I have built a kernel which works, although I didn't change much from GENERIC.  So, notwithstanding that the LTMODEM documentation says a UART is there, how do we tell whether there really is a UART?

Thanks, Jason, you are such a great guy to help me on this.  Please keep in mind that, if getting the LTMODEM running becomes too much work, I can exchange the LTMODEM for another kind which already is supported.

Tom

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html