Subject: Sound Card Trouble
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Paul A Parkanzky <pparkanz@engin.umich.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/2001 11:44:22
  Alright, so I bought a windows sound system card on ebay because I knew
it would work with my NetBSD and it was cheap.  I popped it in, changed
the irq to 9 so it wouldn't conflict (on the board and in the config file)
and I'm having problems.  For some reason when I try to play anything
through it, it just clicks and buzzes the entire time.  Is there anything
that might be wrong software-wise? I've changed the drq a couple times
with no resulting change in the sound output. Does this sound like the
card's broken?  thanks in advance for any help.

--paul