Subject: connecting to ADSL
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Vince Yeo <vinceyeo@mail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/2001 15:40:00
hi all again,

just wondering anyone here managed to install netbsd on ADSL connection
and if possible the ADSL connection is running in singapore under the ISP
company name Singtel Magix. The funny thing is my ADSL runs on Ethernet
card instead of ATM card so in a way its like cable but still classified
as ADSL heh...weird huh

i tried to install my ADSL on linux before but failed due to linux OS not
able to pick up my ISP's DHCP. here is a rip of log from my winNT
connection to ADSL.
We use a s/w called RAS Session Manager to connect from a NIC card(3com
3C900B-TPO for my case) to a efficient speedstream router model 5660
ethernet dsl. as u will notice we(the client system) picks up 2 dynamic
IPs before being connected. anyone know how i should configure NetBSD to
get connected?

---rip log-----
Fri Feb 09 23:42:13 2001
 User wants to connect to server via DHCP.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:13 2001
 State changed to Requesting.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:13 2001
 Starting requesting DHCP lease.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:46 2001
 Received IP address: 20.1.14.49 from 20.1.0.1.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:47 2001
 Starting to open session using 20.1.14.49.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:48 2001
 State changed to Connecting.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:48 2001
 Session is Opening: Sending Open Session Requests.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:48 2001
 ACK on OpenSessionReq received: waiting for OpenSessionCnf from server.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:48 2001
 OpenSessionCnf received from server: session is open.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:48 2001
 State changed to SendingCall.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:48 2001
 Sending AddCall message.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:48 2001
 State changed to AddingCall.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:48 2001
 Waiting for AddCallIndication.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:48 2001
 ACK on AddCall received.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:49 2001
 Call has not been established: No text received.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:49 2001
 State changed to Connected.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:49 2001
 IpSwitch received.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:49 2001
 State changed to IpSwitchCnf.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:49 2001
 IpSwitch message received from server: not asking user for confirmation.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:49 2001
 State changed to IpSwitchClosing.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:49 2001
 Sending IPSwitchConfirm message.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:49 2001
 ACK on CloseSession received.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:49 2001
 State changed to IpSwitchReleasing.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:50 2001
 Starting to release dhcp lease after ip switch.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:50 2001
 State changed to Requesting.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:50 2001
 Starting requesting DHCP lease.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:53 2001
 Received IP address: 202.166.104.23 from 202.166.104.1.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:53 2001
 Starting to open session using 202.166.104.23.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:53 2001
 State changed to Connecting.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:53 2001
 Session is Reopening: Sending Continue Session Requests.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:53 2001
 ACK on OpenSessionReq received: waiting for OpenSessionCnf from server.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:53 2001
 ContinueSessionCnf received from server: session is open.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:53 2001
 State changed to Connected.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:53 2001
 Call has not been established: No text received.
Fri Feb 09 23:42:53 2001
 Call has been successfully established to INT256: Call established
---end of rip log---

regards
Vince