Subject: Re: make bootable netbsd cd from winNT
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Vince Yeo <vinceyeo@mail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/2001 13:50:10
hi all,

thanx to 3 of you(you know who u are) i manged to piece together the needed
information to burn my own bootable NetBSD CD :)
just to keep you all informed of it my system config is as follows in case you ever
encounter anyone who needs similiar help like me heh

OS: WinNT 4.0 Server
CD Writer : Plextor Model 1210(IDE)
CD Writer S/W: Nero 5.0

What i did was download
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5/i386/installation/floppy/boot-big.fs
and
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/iso/i386cd.iso
and loaded Nero software with the following options
Select CD-ROM(BOOT) and
Source of Boot image data selected option Image file(with boot-big.fs)
and added i386cd.iso as the content of the cd.
Burn it and viola! bootable NetBSD from Windows platform :)
i gonna attempt to install it on my twinhead PIII 600mhz notebook as well just for
testing purposes.

you guys have been of great help and i am totally overwhelmed by the support i am
getting in less than 24hrs of my posting!
You guys totally rock and are better than those penguins over at linux

regards
Vince