Subject: Re: dual booting with win2k
To: BRAD S. DREISBACH <bradd@ameri.ca>
From: Bernd Limbach <BeLi@aventa.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/2001 21:11:06
Hi!

> Windows 200 could not start because of a computer disk hardware
configuration
> problem.  Could not read from selected boot disk.  Check boot path and
disk
> hardware.

Actually I am not sure what exactly happened, but is there maybe some
trouble with the MBR? I do not know the detail of Win2k & other boot
loaders.

Two more questions comes to my mind:
- Which boot selector do you use? (NetBSD OS-BS?)
- Have you already tried to use the Win2k (aka WinNT ?) boot loader? (Is a
FAQ question!)

I hope to get some time later (in about 2 weeks) to give NetBSd on my Laptop
(Dell Inspiron 4000) a try, with preinstalled installed Win2k. Has anybody
any hints?

Jeremy, I haven't forgotten your info page, must check it again and will
submit as soon as it's working.

MfG, Best regards, Tchau!
Bernd
--