Subject: Re: Strange hang of services
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/07/2001 09:45:40
> One DNS of my ISP was hanging, which was my BIND forwarder, other
> forwarders I had were obviously not used. In between I changed
> /etc/resolv.conf to another DNS and could surf again, but logging in was

My feeling on the matter is that unless your ISP is paying you to
notify them of their configuration problems, you don't want to use
them for anything but low-level transport.  Take out the forwarders
line and run your own named like it was meant to be.  It looks like
your ISP's named is broken and you've configured your named to only
ask them for answers.  (You may also want to have a look at the BOG
(bind-8) or ARM (bind-9) bind/doc subdirectories and double check your
setup.)

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>