Subject: Re: ISA IBM Tokenring
To: None <mike_turco@goodyear.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/07/2001 08:32:29
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 mike_turco@goodyear.com wrote:

> When I run dmesg I get -    tribm_isa_probe : sram mismatch ; kernel
> configured d8000 != board configured c8000
> How do I know what I should change the settings in the kernel to? Can i
> probe the card myself to see? Anyinfo would help thanks

The kernel is looking for the card at d8000, but the board is setup to use
c8000, that's all.  You can do two things:

1) I haven't messed with my tr0 interfaces in quite a while, but IIRC
there are some jumpers to frob on the boards themselves.  Make the jumpers
match what the kernel expects.

2) Change the line 'tr0 at isa?...." - you should see a reference to
d8000, just make it c8000 and rebuild the kernel.

Hope this helps,

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
 - USATODAY.com latest Health news for 12/4/2000 at 2:10 p.m.:
    Tobacco firm backs lung cancer test: Spaz the cat will never again
    want for medication to relieve his constipation.