Subject: Problems compiling tcl
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marius Flage <marius@flage.nu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/06/2001 22:30:51
Hi there..

I'm experiencing problems when trying to compile tcl on a NetBSD 1.3.1 -
system. The kernel seems to be an old one, dated Sat Mar 14 05:19:56 CST
1998. If you need any more information please let me know, I'm a little
new to netbsd, so.. :p

Anyway, the error I get when trying to compile is the following:

marius@fantomet ~/tcl8.3.2/unix$ make
rm -f libtclstub83.a
ar cr libtclstub83.a tclStubLib.o
: libtclstub83.a
rm -f libtcl83.so.1.0
ld -Bshareable -x -o libtcl83.so.1.0 regcomp.o regexec.o regfree.o
regerror.o tclAlloc.o  tclAsync.o tclBasic.o tclBinary.o  tclCkalloc.o
tclClock.o tclCmdAH.o tclCmdIL.o tclCmdMZ.o  tclCompCmds.o tclCompExpr.o
tclCompile.o tclDate.o tclEncoding.o  tclEnv.o tclEvent.o tclExecute.o
tclFCmd.o tclFileName.o tclGet.o  tclHash.o tclHistory.o tclIndexObj.o
tclInterp.o tclIO.o tclIOCmd.o  tclIOGT.o tclIOSock.o tclIOUtil.o
tclLink.o tclListObj.o  tclLiteral.o tclLoad.o tclMain.o tclNamesp.o
tclNotify.o  tclObj.o tclPanic.o tclParse.o tclParseExpr.o tclPipe.o
tclPkg.o tclPosixStr.o tclPreserve.o tclProc.o tclRegexp.o  tclResolve.o
tclResult.o tclScan.o tclStringObj.o tclThread.o  tclStubInit.o
tclStubLib.o tclTimer.o tclUtf.o tclUtil.o tclVar.o tclMtherr.o
tclUnixChan.o tclUnixEvent.o tclUnixFCmd.o  tclUnixFile.o tclUnixPipe.o
tclUnixSock.o  tclUnixTime.o tclUnixInit.o tclUnixThrd.o tclUnixNotfy.o
tclLoadDl.o
: libtcl83.so.1.0
cc  tclAppInit.o -L/home/marius/tcl8.3.2/unix -ltcl83 -lm -lc
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o tclsh
ld: -ltcl83: no match
*** Error code 1

Any ideas?