Subject: Re: Improper postings (was Re: CD-ROM driver)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/2001 15:48:29
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 09:52:22AM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> Actually, several people have made the same request.  So I have a weird
> feeling that some publication, web site, or other braindead reference has
> tagged netbsd-help as "the place to find drivers" for whatever reason.

That probably happened at some point in time. Then it snowballs, because
of mail-index.netbsd.org, which is found by search engines. For example,
if you do "+help  +cd-rom +driver" on google, you'll get a pointer
to an improper message from 2 years ago as the first (!) link.

The only thing that probably can be done about this is to actually
remove the messages from the mail archives.

- Frank