Subject: Getting NetBSD to see my Ethernet card
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Kanter <david.kanter@mindspring.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/2001 06:58:04
I have an ADMtek 983-based card and would like to know how to get NetBSD 1.5
to recognize it's existence. Right now, during boot-up, it seems to see the
card because dmesg shows a line about "ADMtek." However, there is no line
about "tlp0," which is the driver the card needs.

I installed 1.5, but then installed the updated 1.5 source code because I
was under the impression that I needed 1.5.1 for NetBSD to recognize the
card.

I recompiled the GENERIC kernel and rebooted. But when I do ifconfig tlp0 up
I get a error message about SIOCARD (or something like that).

What else is there to do? I know for sure -current will see the card. But
I'd prefer to run a release.

Thanks,
Dave