Subject: Re: CD-ROM driver
To: Al Morton <atmorton@mhtc.net>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2001 16:31:42
In message <000a01c08e93$c4f681c0$37bc1fce@c3e4v9>, "Al Morton" writes:
>Please send me the following driver:=20
>OTI-91x   ATAPI   CD-ROM

I can't help but think that we've told *you personally* before that you
are asking in the wrong place.

Anyway, if you would bother to *READ* the list, rather than assuming that
every resource in the world has no purpose but to serve you personally,
you would know that this is not the right mailing list for your request.
You are asking for a driver for DOS/Windows; you are asking on a mailing
list for help with a non-DOS, non-Windows operating system.  The only reason
you are asking is that you got a search result, and didn't pay any attention
to the details of it.  If you'd read the responses to the message mentioning
this driver, you would already know that this list can't help you.

Even if this list *COULD* have helped you, it was downright rude of you not
read those responses; you should have read them, in case they had the
*answer* to your question, in which case, you would already be done, and
you wouldn't have needed to bother a mailing list.

*PLEASE* think about things before you bother mailing lists with them.  Try
to make sure that your post is at least plausibly relevant.

-s