Subject: Re: BIND 9.1.0 and unproven-pthreads-0.17nb1
To: Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/01/2001 09:59:06
On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 09:49:37AM -0500, Claude Marinier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The BIND people recommend that we upgrade to bind 9.1.0. This version
> needs a threads library.
>
> I have not found much information on the status of unproven-pthreads 0.17
> or the other threads library in the packages collection. How do they
> compare and how stable are they? Which one should I use with bind 9.1.0?
>
> Should I install bind 8.2.3 instead?

You could do that (i'm doing so), but then it would be nice
to take precautions, such as running in a chrooted env as unpriviligded user,
and to disable choas info being spread out to ppl who query it for example.
That way, when there'll be again an eploit found, it should have less impact.
Bye,

Mipam.