Subject: Re: source tree
To: None <basalt@easynet.fr>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/28/2001 12:51:01
On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 basalt@easynet.fr wrote:
[re-formatted to 72 columns]
> -first, when i add a program from source tree with make && make
> install, i can t start the program by name : if i type mutt i get
> a " Command not found." /usr/pkg/bin is in my path, and other
> program install in this path before can be start without problems
> I encounter this problem with all new packages install If i
> restart the computer, this problem disapper ...

If you're using csh, you have to type "rehash" after entering new
commands. If you're using a different shell, check the documentation
for your shell. In any case, you would only have to log out and log
back in, at most -- you'd never have to reboot.

> -the other question is : when i install some package from the
> source tree, i am request for a file to patch. This problem appear
> with some packages like perl or sniffit ...
>
> here is a dump :
> Fremen# cd /usr/pkgsrc/net/sniffit
> Fremen# make
> ===> Patching for sniffit-0.3.5
> ===> Applying NetBSD patches for sniffit-0.3.5
> File to patch:

Strange. Was the work directory (work/sniffit-0.3.5) created?

Frederick