Subject: Re: PS/2 mouse configuration
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/2001 23:14:21
On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Um, I'm not so sure about using /dev/pmsi0 with ``wsmouse'' protocol.

Sorry this was from top of my head and some scribbled notes from my
workstation at school. Thanks for clarifying this.

> What I do with my (Microsoft) scroll-button PS/2 mouse is run it through
> /dev/wsmouse0 (he may need to compile a custom kernel for that; I don't
> remember).  Then I tell X to use the wsmouse protocol with /dev/wsmouse0.

This sounds right. For your information, this is documented at
("How to I get my mouse wheel to work?")
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/x/index.html#wheel-mouse

And the 1.5 GENERIC kernel finds the pmsi0.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/