Subject: Re: PS/2 mouse configuration
To: P.Sidiropoulos <pesid@kav.forthnet.gr>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/2001 11:40:36
On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, P.Sidiropoulos wrote:

>    I'm very new to NetBsd, first I try to configre a PS/2 mouse but i need
> some help. I think that the mouse is the
> reason that X crashes with the following error:
> 'X connection to : 0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).'

Before that error it probably gives more details.

> I tried with the option /dev/mouse in xf86config. in the /dev there is no
> mouse device.Can anyone help me out ?

You need to figure out what type of mouse you have.

If you have a standard PS/2 mouse, try configuring your /etc/XF86Config to
use the /dev/pms0 device and the "BusMouse" protocol.

If you have a Microsoft scroll mouse, try the /dev/pmsi0 device and the
"Wsmouse" protocol.

Also, you may find some helpful information in the XF86Config manual page.

Good luck.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/