Subject: Re: your mail
To: Edward Dowllar <edowllar@eosinc.com>
From: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@eik.pl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/2001 07:12:06
On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 09:50:51PM -0600, Edward Dowllar wrote:
> I just installed NetBSD 1.5 on an AMD K6-3. Install went great. But, when I try to istall pkgsrc.tar.gz, it will start installing various files and then it will display:
>
> pkgsrc/archivers/lha/files/md5
>
> tar: Skipping to next file header...
>
> tar: child died with signal 11 (core dumped)
>
> I thought it might be a bad copy of pkgsrc.tar.gz so I downloaded it again. Same thing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, ED
I think your distfile (lha's source tarball) is broken. Perhaps fetch didn't succeed
and ftp left incomplete file in /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles. Remove lha-something.tar.gz from
/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles and fetch it again by typing "make" in pkgsrc/archivers/lha. Hope that helps.
However this sig11 it weird.

--
/* [zuntum] zuntum@eik.pl , [WWW] http://zuntum.net */