Subject: Re: allocate llinfo
To: None <mipam@ibb.net>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2001 12:57:38
Mipam <mipam@ibb.net> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:33:12AM -0700, Chris Jones wrote:
> > Mipam <mipam@ibb.net> writes:
> >
> > > /netbsd: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo
> >
> > I think I've gotten this message in the past when I was trying to
> > treat a non-local IP address as a local one.  In other words, my
> > subnet mask wasn't set correctly.
>
> Okay, but i still dont know how to remedy this other then disabeling
> ipf :( Any hints?

For starters, can you verify that your subnet mask is set correctly,
and that there are no computers on your network that are using
addresses from outside your network?  If either of those is happening,
that'd be the problem to fix.  Maybe your DHCP server is giving you
the wrong subnet mask.

Other than that, I'm not sure.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                           Mad scientist at large