Subject: Getting started with RAID?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2001 11:03:40
Is there any documentation for how to set up RAID for a NetBSD system
other than the man pages for raidctl?

Basically, I want to create a new system using RAID level 1,
mirroring between two identical drives. Each drive would have the
entire filesystem on it (/, swap, and /usr). I haven't seen any RAID
choices in the installer, so I imagine that I have to do the initial
install on wd0, and then use raidctl to make wd1 the mirror of wd0.
Is this OK? Is there a better way to do it?

And, for the harder question, what if wd0 and wd1 are not identical
hardware? What will be the reliability and performance issues?