Subject: I need more memory! More, MORE! :)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Technolord <tld@arena.sci.univr.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2001 19:25:52
Hi.
I have the absolute need to allow a user to have plenty of memory.
I have configured swapctl to use a 4GB file in addition to the
pre-existing 512MB swap partition.
'top' says there are 512MB swap. 'swapctl -l' says 4.5GB. Where is the
bug?
But, apart from that, apparently the user is still limited. Working with
ulimit -H I managed to say everything as "unlimited" (except for locked
memory :), but the "-v" ("virtual memory") cannot be set, and is stuck at
~1GB :(
Alas, 1GB isn't enough for the program to complete (!!!), I need to try
with 2GB. How can I do that?

Thank you!

O++ M- V? PS++ PE Y+ PGP- t- 5? X+ R* !tv b+ DI? D+ G e h- !r y-(+*)