Subject: Re: Winmodem not supported (formerly: modem on com3
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Thomas Miller <thomas.miller@lycos.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2001 11:40:47
Hi,

Thanks to Kevin P. Neal for his help.  Yes, it seems my modem is a Winmodem.  I searched "Winmodem" in the NetBSD website home page search box and got no hits.  I then found some information about Winmodems at www.linmodems.org.  Perhaps a word about Winmodems could be added to the NetBSD i386 pages and the equipment compatibility pages so that other NetBSD newbies will be saved from stumbling into this problem.  Thanks again, Kevin.

Tom

thomas.miller@lycos.com
(Thomas Miller)
(617) 248-8900

Any following text may include a message which was added by Lycos and which is not a communication from me.

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html