Subject: Re: p5-Apache-ASP
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?= <linkan@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2001 09:32:17
linkan@astrakan.hig.se> writes:
> The pkg_info gives me the following info (striped away some required
> by: and description)
>
> elvis# pkg_info perl
> Information for perl-5.00404:

[...]
> Information for perl-5.6.0nb3:

Ugh...your pkgsrc installation got messed up somehow.  You somehow
mananged to install both perl-5.00404 and perl-5.6.0, and they'll
conflict with each other.  You need to pkg_delete those two packages
and reinstall just perl-5.6.0.  "pkg_delete -r perl-5.00404" should
remove the package and all packages that depend on it.

I see that there's a minor bug in pkgsrc causing this problem, and
will go fix it right now.

	Cheers,

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/