Subject: modem on com3
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Miller <thomas.miller@lycos.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2001 00:21:36
Hi,

Please help me get my modem working under NetBSD-1.5.  The modem works under Windows98 on COM4 and IRQ 3.  I made a NetBSD kernel with support for com3 enabled on irq 3 (and with com1 commented out since com1 is set to irq3 in GENERIC).  The new kernel finds what I think is the modem, and it also finds com0 per the following dmesg lines:

unknown vendor 0x134d product 0x7890 (miscellaneous communications, revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 19 function 0 not configured

com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns16550a, working fifo

The kernel does not, however, find the com3 driver.  I think I need to enable tty03 in /etc/ttys before com3 will show up in dmesg.  If so, what should the com3 line say?  Is there anything else required for com3 to appear properly configured in dmesg?

Thanks *very* much,

Tom

thomas.miller@lycos.com
(Thomas Miller)
(617) 248-8900

Any following text may include a message which was added by Lycos and which is not a communication from me.

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html