Subject: Re: wireless repeaters?
To: Greg Lehey , Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Lets Go Canes <letsgonhlcanes@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/18/2001 12:12:55
--- Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:

> I'd be very interested to see a laptop/card combination where you can
> get two wireless cards in a single laptop.  All that I have seen have
> antenna units which block the slot above them.

Under Win98 I use a Symphony Wireless LAN PCMCIA card.  The antenna
sticks straight out, and is thinner than the card.  There would be no
physical restriction to sticking two such cards in the same laptop.
How well they would work with the antennas so close together is another
question.

Unfortunately these cards aren't supported by NetBSD (unless its been
added recently).  I have some pointers to info on FreeBSD drivers, but
haven't had time to pursue :-(

=====