Subject: mysqld
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <dchapman@canwest.victoria.bc.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/18/2001 07:04:49
Can someone please point me to a refernce regarding getting mysqld going
under NetBSD 1.5?  It seems to start, /usr/pgk/var/CS670402-A.log says:

/usr/pkg/libexec/mysqld, Version: 3.22.32-log, started with:
Tcp port: 3306  Unix socket: /tmp/mysql.sock
Time                 Id Command    Argument

But my the time I log in, it seems to no longer be running.  It cannot
be found in ps -aux, and trying to run mysql gives a complaint:
Error 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (61)

There is no such file as /tmp/mysql.sock

  Thanks,
   Dave

--
Dave Chapman                       |    "tar is not a plaything"
dchapman@canwest.victoria.bc.ca    |    bsimpson@dt.springfield.edu