Subject: Re: Last one, I promise...
To: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
From: Nathan Arthur <truist@truist.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2001 23:39:32
Thanks to both of you for helping.  It turned out to be two problems -
first, I had screwed up reverse-lookups for the 127.*.*.* netblock by taking
the "localhost" entry out of that config file.  Fixing that made netstat
work (I did mean netstat, not ipfstat, sorry about that), but it still
didn't look up noteworthyms.com correctly.  So then I tried a few dns
queries, and sure enough, they seem to be misconfigured, and I have notified
the admin.  I'm not certain I understand the reference to ns.aads.net,
though - noteworthyms.com seems to be reporting itself as the only
nameserver (but I am no dns expert...).

Either way, I now have netstat working, and the mail problem should be fixed
as soon as they fix the dns.  Thanks a lot!

Nathan Arthur