Subject: Re: Last one, I promise...
To: Nathan Arthur <truist@truist.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2001 21:25:24
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Nathan Arthur wrote:
> I discovered that it does seem to only be a problem with
> noteworthyms.com, and with my current set of ipf rules, an
> occasional packet from them does get blocked.  However, I turned off
> ipf (ipf -Fa -FS), and continued to have noteworthyms.com-specific
> problems.  And either way, the ipfstat problem has me baffled.

The netstat problem? (I don't remember you mentioning any ipfstat
problem in your original message). The "netstat: kvm_read: Bad address"
message usually means that while netstat was busy (usually busy trying
to map an IP address to a name), the next connection it was about to
display has already closed and gone away, so it can't get info on it
anymore. It's a fairly common occurence, and nothing to worry about.

I'm getting timeouts trying to do a reverse lookup of
ftp.noteworthyms.com's IP (206.140.113.7) also, so I think there's
something wrong with someone's nameserver(s). ns.aads.net, in
particular, doesn't seem to be answering DNS requests.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++