Subject: Re: postfix problems in 1.5
To: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2001 16:17:56
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Mipam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed netbsd 1.5, many changes in here and postfix
> is integrated in the system.
> I set postfix to work as my mta, but .......
> Sending mail seems to be happening by sendmail.
> Postfix doesnt seem to do this ...
> Only receiving is happening by postfix.
> Strange though, cause i never activated sendmail.
> I did set up postfix allright.
> When i remove /usr/sbin/sendmail which is a symlink to mailwrapper ...
> I am unable to sendmail anymore ...
>
> I also noticed that /etc/mailer.conf is pointing to sendmail
> instead of postfix.
> Is this causing the above problem?

Yes.  mailwrapper reads /etc/mailer.conf and invokes the right stuff
(hence its name as 'wrapper') - take a look through some man pages (sorry,
no NetBSD system handy at the moment) and you should find the proper
entries for /etc/mailer.conf

- Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
 - USATODAY.com latest Health news for 12/4/2000 at 2:10 p.m.:
    Tobacco firm backs lung cancer test: Spaz the cat will never again
    want for medication to relieve his constipation.