Subject: Re: Adaptec 1480 supported?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2001 11:31:17
On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>  > Hi, I see that http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/cardbus.html doesn't
>  > mention the Adaptec 1480, but it does say to mail netbsd-help if I'm
>  > unsure :) And I notice we have a sys/dev/cardbus/ahc_cardbus.c that
>  > claims to support the 1480. So does it work? :)
>
> It still has some problems.  Perhaps I'll try and fix it today.

Well, I decided to go with Firewire instead, since the drives are
cheaper, and Firewire has a cool name ;) I just need cheap external
storage for my laptop in Win2K, but NetBSD support would be nice, of
course :)

How's Firewire coming along? We have a dev/ieee1394, but it looks
incomplete. (And perhaps unrelated to the incompleteness, my Powermac G4
says:

fwohci0 at pci2 dev 10 function 0: Texas Instruments TSB12LV26 OHCI IEEE
1394 Host Controller (rev. 0x00)
fwohci0: interrupting at irq 63
fwohci0: OHCI 1.0
fwohci0: fatal: no global UID ROM