Subject: Need some DNS help...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/14/2001 20:16:25
I have apache and named running on my machine, and one static IP
address. I've registered several domain names that I plan to serve
from my machine, with my machine's nameserver directing traffic to
itself. This should be possible, and in fact I've gotten everything
but mail working, but I just can't figure out that last step and have
the bounced messages to prove it. Lots of "Local configuration
error"s.

I've placed my /etc/hosts, /etc/named.conf, and
/etc/namedb/zachfine.db files in:

			http://xdsl014.serv.net/netbsd/

The reason this issue is important to me right now is that I'll soon
be (unfortunately) switching ISP's, and would like to be able to tell
people that my email address is zach@zachfine.com, and then have the
ability to set zachfine.com to whatever IP address I end up with so
that I can continue to receive mail forever at one address.

If a DNS knowledgeable person on this list could take a look at those
files I've placed on my server and give me some advice, that'd be very
helpful.

Here's a small amount of additional info that might be useful:
xdsl014.serv.net and www.henrilubatti.com are names for my machine
that are served from my ISP's nameserver, so I've occasionally tried
to use those in my namedb entries in places, but probably shouldn't be
counting on anything but my IP address being a given in the future.  I
also have not tried to set up reverse lookups because I've figured I
should do those after I get forward lookups working and base those
entries on the files in /etc/namedb when they're actually working.

Thanks for any help or information.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net