Subject: Re: How to access Internet from a LAN?
To: LiaoBaiping <liaobp@unipulse.co.jp>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/13/2001 14:47:50
On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 04:41:49PM +0900, LiaoBaiping wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The IPNAT capability in NetBSD will do this nicely, but you need
> > access to the routers to accomplish this
>
>     I read something about IPNAT , it seems must set both client and
> server,if sever is not NetBSD, can I just only set IPNAT of client with
> NetBSD to access internet? If possible can you give me any example?

No, you already have a router on your LAN which does NAT for you (as win98
works).
If win98 gets its IP addr from DHCP, then do the same with NetBSD:
just set dhclient=YES in /etc/rc.conf and reboot. dhclient will automatically
get an IP address, the default gateway and the name server from the dhcp
server.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>