Subject: Re: Purify Tool
To: Rajnish Madan <rajnishm@delhi.tcs.co.in>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/11/2001 13:54:28
"Rajnish Madan" <rajnishm@delhi.tcs.co.in> writes:

> Is there any purify tool available for checking the memory leaks in
> the C program running on NetBSD. Pls let me know from where can i
> download the same.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could look at:

   http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/bp/main.html

This discusses an enhancement to GCC that implements bounded pointers,
giving you much of the same error checking as a tool like Purify (and
if I recall some of the propoganda when Greg first started working on
this project, it even catches some problems that Purify
*doesn't*). Unfortunately, it isn't yet in a GCC release, so you'd
have to checkout the source from gcc's CVS and build the compiler (and
some other parts of the toolchain) yourself.