Subject: Another question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ricardo Ryoiti Sugawara Junior <ricardorsj@uol.com.br>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/2001 21:00:07
    Hi there.

    I compiled PHP4 succesfully when I replaced it's libtool. Now I have
another problem, now with postgresql.

    I compiled it cleanly with gnumake and installed it as I used to do
in linux, but I get the following message when trying to initdb/start
it:

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
size=4643840, permission=600
This type of error is usually caused by an improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
For more information, see the FAQ and platform-specific
FAQ's in the source directory pgsql/doc or on our
web site at http://www.postgresql.org.
FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region

I looked everywhere but I couldn't find a solution. pgsql's doc/faq has
very superficial information that doesn't help me.

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo.