Subject: current pulled into release branch
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/2001 08:48:40

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Noriyuki Soda wrote:
> Because bug fixes and improvements will be pulled up from main trunk
> to NetBSD-1.5 release branch, the release branch (which is currently

I am interested in what is involved in "pulling" fixes and/or improvements
from the -current branch to the release branch.

What exactly does "pull up" mean? (What CVS commands? What steps? Where
can I find NetBSD tools that automate some of this?)

Who decides what can be added to the release branch?
Or, how is it decided to pull up an improvement/fix?

How often are fixes or improvements implemented on the -current branch
that are never pulled up to the release branch? (Or is all working code at
some time pulled up to the release branch?)

Is code ever implemented directly on the release branch, but never on the
-current branch (or much later on the -current branch)?

Can code be implemented on both branches at the same time? (And if so,
how?)

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/