Subject: Installation
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Petra Lynn Hofman <petrahof@chicagonet.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/02/2001 20:12:28
Well thanks to everyone's help I have installed 1.4.2.  What I did was use
SC to move my Linux partitions to my second drive and installed NetBSD in
its place.  Seems to work.  Some glitches though.  Can't seem to run
ksh.  I see it /bin but will not run. 2.   can't seem to mount the cdrom as
per the docs in 5.2.  mount_cd9660: /dev/cd0a on /cdrom: Operation not
supported by device.  3. also having trouble adding myseld as a
user.  Tried adduser but came back with pw_lock File exists.  The line I
used: useradd -d /home/petrah -g 500 -u 1000 petra lynn hofmann.  I can't
seem to find any docs to  help.

Thanks, Petra