Subject: Re: xmms/mit-pthreads
To: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
From: Christoph Leuzinger <christoph.leuzinger@westworks.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/27/2000 21:21:45
Am 27 Nov 2000, um 13:59 hat Nigel Reed geschrieben:

> Does configure ask for the location of libraries and header files?
> The .h files are in /usr/pkg/pthreads/include and the libraries
> are in /usr/pkg/pthreads/lib

OK, so far, so good :)

> There maybe an option to configure which allows you to include these
> before it runs - try configure --help

I had a look at this, but couldn't find any pthread option. I tried

      configure --includedir=/usr/pkg/pthreads/include

instead, but won't work neither.

> Failing all that, you'll probably find somewhere to add -I and -L
> options in the Makefile.

Unfortunately, there is no Makefile (it has to be generated by configure,
I guess). There is only Makefile.in and Makefile.am. In Makefile.in I find
a variable called PTHREAD_LIBS, but because of the fact that I don't have
any Makefile, I can't modify and use it ...

As you might have noticed, I don't have lots of experience in compiling
stuff ;)

Thanx and greets,
Chris.
     Christoph F. Leuzinger + Student @ Kantonsschule