Subject: Linux emulation
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/22/2000 00:34:43
Greets,

I'm trying to get Linux emulation to work on NetBSD i386/ALPHA_2 and
having some strange problems.

I only have the binary file. It works fine under various version of
Mandrake, RedHat or Debian however fails with a Seg fault. I'm not
sure if I missed something with the Linux emulation setup or if it
is a bug in the emulation itself.

NetBSd sees the file as
compile: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

In the kernel I've turned pretty much every emulation option on and
installed all the suse packages from /usr/pkgsrc/emulators.

Is there anything else I need to install or would someone be able to
walk me through finding what caused the coredump (off list)?

I can provide further details upon request.

Regards
Nigel