Subject: DHCP wrong name-server address
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter C. Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/14/2000 18:10:44
I just noticed this while installing 1.5B2 on a I386 machine

The name server address that the DHCP client gets is always the router
address (or maybe the next-server address) rather than the correct
name server address. What am I doing wrong?

Here is my dhcpd.conf file (server on a netbsd 1.41 machine)

subnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
{       range   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
        range   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
        default-lease-time 600;
        max-lease-time 7200;
        next-server someone.somewhere.com;
        option broadcast-address        xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
        option routers                  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
        option domain-name-servers xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
        option domain-name "somewhere.com";
        host furball {
                        hardware ethernet x:x:x:xx:xx:xx;
                        fixed-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
                        filename "furball.conf";
      }

}

Please CC me since I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks!

Peter Wallace