Subject: Re: raidframe
To: Ben Collver <collver@softhome.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/09/2000 20:07:14
On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 06:45:46AM -0800, Ben Collver wrote:
> For now I will stop using /dev/raid0b as swap because swapctl -d is not
> working.  I would be glad to help resolve this if I could.
>
> I see that swapctl -d ultimately results in a call to uvm_swap.c:swap_off(),
> but how do I learn what needs to be fixed?

Hum, add printf's in swap_off() ? I guess it should be closing the
device at the end, but maybe it can't clean it out.
I worked around this by splitting the drives, and using a small raid 1 for
/ + swap and a larger one for the rest. This way, after a reboot the root raid
is dirty but rebuilding it doesn't take too much time.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>